Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 30, 2012

Pureed Foods...interesting

Well I'm on my Day One of Pureed foods.  I won't lie, it hasn't been an easy day either  My hubby brought me some oatmeal with sugar-free, seedless Blackberry Jam.  I could not get past two bites of the oatmeal.  I gave up as I began to experience that gassy feeling that pushes back up, not something I care to feel again.  So, I pleaded with him to just bring me a popsicle.

Lunchtime was another attempt, however, I think his less than stellar non-gourmet approach is not cutting it.  The baby food he brought me (yes, baby food!) of mashed potatoes and turkey was disgusting!  Two or three bites of that and I was like, No Thanks!  However, he did redeem himself with the unsweetened, no sugar added apple sauce.  I ate the bowl up! It totally agreed with me.  This is a tough time trying to figure out what I can eat and what I can't.

Right now I am craving a really good homemade chicken broth.  The store bought stuff just isn't the same.

It now has been four days since surgery and I am down a total of 17lbs, since the 30g/day carb diet started two weeks prior.  I tried to pull on a pair of my pants today, but my tummy is still a bit swollen.

Sleeping is a challenge for me, as I usually sleep on my stomach.  The first couple of days in the hospital I had to lay on my back, which was fine since I was so sleepy anyway.  When I got home the first night the fluids in me prompted me to visit the bathroom all night long on the hour every hour so that was kind of a bust.  I did nap well the next day and go to bed again early the next night and I fared well.  However, last night was not kind to me and I seemed to have pulled a muscle on my upper rib-cage area.  I suspect I was sleeping on my side and twisted it a bit.  Kind of painful.  Again, I kind of over did it yesterday with a bit too much up and around and can feel it today.  

So no matter how antsy we get, rest up this first week.  My body is definitely still adjusting.  It's weird when I try a new food, my stomach rumbles non-stop for the first couple of bites.  Then if it agrees with me it'll stop and I'll just have to contend with the little hiccups that shake your body enough to make you wince.  Otherwise, when something doesn't agree with you, you get that push up/down effect of gas from your tummy area...I don't like it.

These were the kind of things I wished I had known about, learning on your own can be a bit scary.  As I heal and progress I will be sometimes frankly a bit graphic and descriptive on some of the things I am feeling.  I think it is important for others to understand that this is not the easy way out and this can be just as hard as all the other weight loss methods.  However, I don't regret this decision still, as it is making me listen to my body and understand that food cannot be overindulged and should be eaten for a matter of survival, not pleasure seeking.  

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey, Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I go in next week for the same procedure, good to be prepared ut scary at the same time.

    ReplyDelete