Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Less than two weeks to go!

Hello again!

I've been meaning to post more frequently, but the time has flown by so fast already!  In two weeks, I'll be recovering in the hospital and on my way home after the surgery.  I have begun the post-surgery diet and now on day three of the 30g/day of carbs.  It is not easy, but at the same time not super hard since I can still eat alot of proteins that I really like.  I am eating lots of egg, bacon, chicken, steak, some salad and nuts.  It's hard to believe that this is what I am able to eat.  I have not had sweets at all, unless you count the sugar free jello I have been eating.  This is the hardest part for me and I think a large part of why I've gotten this heavy. My love for anything sweet like chocolate, cookies, and other delectable pastries is one of my biggest downfalls.  I welcome the change in my diet once the surgery takes place.  I am glad I will not be able to eat the sweets like I did before, it'll get me back in control again.  I can compare this to when I quit smoking over 14 years ago.  I did slip up a few times since then, but as of today I probably haven't had a puff of a cigarette in at least 3-4 years.

Anyway, as the time gets closer to the surgery or shortly thereafter I will try to post things on here to how it I am feeling and what to expect experiencing this whole process.  Right now, my hurdle is to not cheat at all and stay off the sweets.  One chocolate bar has the 30g of carbs altogether.  It's not worth it.  I am keeping my eye on the ball, because if I don't stick to this diet there is a chance they won't do the surgery.  It is important for them to be able to open me up and ensure my liver and other organs don't have any fatty tissue.  If they find any, they will not operate.  Besides that, I don't want to make things anymore complicated than the already will be.

I need to drink more water too, I've noticed alot of these protein sources have alot more sodium in them too.

Well, off I go today...but I will be posting again soon.

Thanks for visiting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment